Ricardo and I go to visit a less active family in Canales
10/10/11
Hola familia
Thats excellent news!! Im so excited for the ward now! I need to get to know
these missionaries. Thats excellent that Gerrick Eakin is helping out. I was a
little worried about him for a while. Things are changing so fast it seems like
everyone is getting so old and im just stuck in the same time that i left for
the mission.
I finally got the fotos of the baptism that we had after general conference.
The stinking website hasnt been working all this morning so it has taken me
super long to be able to write you guys. So i dont have a whole lot of time.
But i wanted to share an experience that we had on saturday. There is a super
less active family that lives super far away in this place called las cañales
and it takes a while for us to get there. But i felt like we needed to go and
visit them. We went on divisions and i went with a future Elder that is super
powerful in our ward his name is ricardo. Anyway so Ricardo and i get to the
house of this family and we get there right as the wife is ditching the
husband. i didnt really understand what was happening at first. we get there
and she was just finishing up packing. And so i asked if there were going to go
visit family or something and i was trying to be really nice about it and then
it dawned on me that she was leaving with the four oldest kids to ditch the dad
with his two 2 year old twins. I felt so bad. So now he has no food and cant
work now because he has to stay in the house and take care of the little kids.
So we went yesterday with the Elders Quorum President and they took a little
bit of food and stuff for 2 or 3 days. But it was just like in the mission you
just need to forget yourself because i know that we had to go to that family at
that time in order to help this brother. If we could only live all of our lives
like that not thinking about the problems that each of us have personally have
we can be able to be angels in the lives of other people. Im so looking forward
to Christmas this year because i want to do some really big service project for
someone and see the joy that comes into their lives, thats better than any gift
that we can give for Christmas.
I love you guys so much. sorry that my time has run out. I cant believe that i
only have seven weeks left in the mission.... Im looking forward to seeing you
guys but at the same time i dont want to leave. Its kind of hard to explain. I
just love these people here being able to see the gospel change there lives its
the best.
I love you all! Have a great week!
Elder Bever
On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 7:21 PM, Jim and Sandy Bever <jsbever@molalla.net> wrote:
HI Thomas!!
This week was
good. I ran the mile on Friday and I beat my time by a lot. I got 6:11. The
weather is finally starting to get back to normal Oregon weather L
it’s cold wet and rainy. I had a game on Saturday! We won 3 to 1 and I scored a
goal! Emily hurt her knee this week on the Madras game on Tuesday so she didn’t
play Thursday and it was against Gladstone L
sadly they lost. Dad says it was because Emily wasn’t playing. BYU is doing
good. I am sooooooooo excited to go to their game against the Beavers next
weekend! They played Utah state and won last weekend and this last weekend they
played San Jose I think and we won. They are now starting Riley Nelson as their
new quarter back. He runs the ball a lot. Anyway I can’t think of
anything else to say now so have a wonderful week!
Love Always,
AUDREY
Hello Thomas, it’s Emily.
I really liked your e-mail last week and I have felt the same way recently
about different things kind of like you were saying about managing time,
following up on ideas and never being able to judge someone, even a drunk guy.
As Audrey already mentioned, my knee was hurt from Tuesdays game so I couldn’t
play on Thursday and that was torturous for me because I really wanted to get
out there and help our team especially since we don’t like Gladstone very much.
Although our team did not win, the boys soccer team is doing very well and Jory
has let it go to his head just a little bit hahaJ
their team is currently ranked #1 in state and league. Anyways, I learned some
exciting news today about Garrick Eakin and his girlfriend who happens to be my
age which is a little weird but oh well. His girlfriend named Autumn Piersal is
getting baptized on November 5 and furthermore, Garrick is baptizing her! she
is in my Spanish class and I am nice to her but I would not say that we are
friends so I will try harder to be friends with her. I know that when you get
back here you probably going to try and get all of your old friends convertedJ Thank you for being a great example.
Love, Emily
Hi Son!
How are you? I’ve been thinking about you a lot this week hoping you are having all the success you desire on your mission, and that you will have felt you’ve done all you can serving the Lord before its time to come home. If not, just know the missionary work will continue on as you come home and you can pick up here where you left off there. I know there are people here who might be ready to hear the gospel from you. I went over to Shaunna Falkenberry (Dusenberry/Gunter)’s house, who married a guy named Jack who has a daughter named Lyndon who is in my primary class. (did you get all that?) The missionaries are teaching her the new member discussions so Dad and I went over there as he is their home teacher. Lyndon is great to have in my primary class and she is eager to learn the gospel. She even baked cookies for me! Anyway, I was talking to our missionaries Elder Curtis and Elder Allred and they said they might still be here when you come home. I wish you could meet them. They are great missionaries. Another great missionary is your sister Emily! She bore her testimony in sacrament and did a great job. (of course she got a little emotional because she is my daughter!) She shared how important it is for her to continue setting a good example to those around as she knows they are looking to her as an example all the time. I’m so amazed that Heavenly Father gave me these fantastic children! They teach me so much and I’m so grateful for each one of them in my life!! I was just about to bare my testimony when Emily “popped” up so I guess I will save and bare it when you come home. I hope you always know how much I love our Savior Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. I know they know me personally and have always been at my side whenever I’m going through trials. This church is so true, Thomas. It is the only thing on this earth today which will bring us true happiness. One of the talks in conference was from Elder Callister who was asked If the Book of Mormon is true, then it must be from God, if it is False, then it must be from the Devil. As I read the Book of Mormon each day, the only possible answer is that it is true. I know it and feel it every time I read it! Knowing this is true, then everything else I know about this gospel—Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, Joseph Smith, Thomas S. Monson, missionary work, temple work---everything I’ve been taught regarding this gospel is true and is the one true way to complete happiness.!!! J Anyway, that’s what I was going to share in testimony meeting today before Emily beat me to it. But you know, it was so worth it to hear how she felt about the gospel! I’m so proud of each of our kids. I love you very much!! Love always, MOM
Comments
Post a Comment