This was a stressful week.

 9/5/11

Sent: Monday September 05, 2011 11:08 AM

To: Jim and Sandy Bever

Subject: Re: Hi from warm sunny Oregon!

 Hi everyone,

This week has been super stressful I have hardly slept all week, we’ve been trying to start up the zone again and we are working on a  lot of different stuff that are trying to help the mission.  The problem right now is that we have a sort of up and down effect going on right now.  In July we had like a record month and we baptized over 220 in the mission. But then in August we finished with only about 130. Except for our zone it was a little different we finished and set a new record in the zone with 21  baptisms.  But now we only have 4 people in the zone with baptismal dates.  So we are getting a lot of pressure right now from President cordon and from the assistants.  So right now ive been going to bed at about 11:30 every night. I need to go back to the house today and take a nap. I’m not going to lie I feel super burned out right now.  That and I’m really hungry.

That was pretty cool though that your guys found out that I’ll be getting back for Thanksgiving… But don’t expect me to eat a whole bunch. I am going to be coming off a debugging treatment and a really small stomach.  They give us this monster white pill before we go back to kill all of the parasites that I guarantee I have.  Sounds fun huh?! Hahaha

No but the greatest help that I find is just focusing on the necessecities of our investigators.  All of the stress, all of the problems just seem to go away if I just settle down and listen to the spirit, and follow its promptings. I was reading this morning in D&C:50. It was talking about how when we can teach and live by the spirit, not only the missionaries but everyone around them are edified.  I just hope that I can have this same focus after the mission.  I don’t want to lose all that I’ve learned.  Perhaps that is the greatest fear that every returned missionary has.  But I know that if I work hard and put my trust in the Lord everything will work out and if we keep the commandments out of love for others.

I Love you guys so much. Que el senor les bengida en cada uno de sus esfuerzos esta semana y que siempre puedan tener la mira puesta unicamente en la gloria de Dios. Les amo y oro por ustedes todos los dias. Have a great week!

Con Amor Elder Bever

P.S. I did buy shoes for my birthday and Emily don’t worry about winter formal;)

Comments