Some Salvadorian Words...

 9/26/11

Hahaha thats really funny!

 Here is El Savador its like saying "kid" you would say bicho for a boy and bicha for a girl. Im not going to lie though it was a little weird for me at first because i kept thinking that they were saying the other word that is not so great. Im glad that you´re doing such a great job up there just keep it up! I can hardly beleive that i have less than two months left here in the mission it seems that time has gone by so stinking fast. Always look for opportunities to take advantage of your time there. I'm excited that we are going to be at BYU at the same time I'll have someone to get on my case when i start slacking off.

 How are your classes? Which are your hardest classes? Im going to have to have mom register in like three weeks so ive got to come up with the classes that i want this week or next week. Not super excited for that but gotta do it.

 Have a great week this week.

Love you,

Elder Bever

Otras Palabras Salvadoreñas

(Some other Salvadoranian words)

 Cabal                                penqueado                       guisquil

Cuchumbo                        poochika                          Aguaje

Alguashte                         ba pues                           

On Sun, Sep 25, 2011 at 10:19 PM, Ethan Bever <e-bever@hotmail.com> wrote:

Hey Elder Bever,

                So I met this kid in one of my classes who is from El Salvador (I think he said he lived in San Salvador, his name is Jose) but he said to call you that. And I think it means something like bug… maybe? But anyway, I texted mom this week and talked with her so that was good, and I just got back from grandma’s house. School is going well, there’s just a lot to do, but I’m staying on top of it. I went to a men’s chorus thing this week because one of my friends was in it and it was really cool, then… how could I forget… we won the football game this last Friday by a touchdown against Central Florida! They weren’t that good, and we really didn’t play super well either, but it was a win and we’ll take it. We’ve got another game this Friday against Utah State, so that will be exciting also (hopefully we should win that one too). Then conference is this next weekend, so I’m hopefully going to be able to go to a session or two which will be really nice. Do you have any big plans for conference? I’m excited to hear what the apostles and prophets have to say. Anyway, I talked with dad today and it sounds like things are good at home, just the same old same old. We put the Jeep in the shop before we left for Utah to do some routine maintenance (which was over a month ago! …which means that I’ve been in school for over a whole month!)… but anyway Dad said it’s still at Zimmerman’s which means that it will be just right when it comes out J. Other than that, it doesn’t sound like much is going on at home. I hope you have a great week, and that you accomplish all that you set out to do!

                Love,  Ethan

Comments