Pray for Marcela

 8/15/11

Hey family

Hey that's awesome that you guys were able to get in contact with Irene. She´s not less active that much but she works in a hospital and sometimes has to work on Sunday. But when she can she always goes to church. But the husband is not a member he is from Peru i think. But that's fantastic I know you guys are going to help them out so much.

And wow i cant believe it Ethan is going off to college!!! That's awesome, and you guys are going over to the cabin also that is way cool. But Ethan if you guys are trying to do a little bit of hunting over there before you leave... don't go out alone on the ranch. I´ll tell you some other time what happened when i went out alone over there. But that's awesome, you are going to have such a great time at BYU. Just always remember the reason that you are going there and that is first and foremost to learn not to mess around. You are going to see a lot of kids that get out on their own for the first time and just mess around and have a good time. Don't worry about that, you are going to have a blast. But your first priority is getting good grades in your classes. I'm sure that you are not going to have a problem with that, you are a lot smarter than me. You set the example for me lots of times where i should´ve been setting a lot better example. But thank you Ethan for your example. And that goes for all of you as well. The positive examples in the family and friends work miracles in the lives of so many people.

Yesterday i had a really powerful but really sad lesson in this. Yesterday we were going to have two baptisms in our ward, but we only ended up having one. At the last minute the dad wouldn't give permission for his daughter Marcela (i think i told you guys about her). Her mom and her sister got baptized about three weeks ago and she was going to get baptized yesterday but i guess supposedly the dad didn't know what was going on so when it actually came down to it he was opposed to it. It was really tough we went over to the house of the family and Marcela was crying the whole time. And we asked to talk to the Dad (Miguel) but he was in the house but didn't want to come out and talk to us. It was really tough for me to watch Marcela like that. But we are going to go over and talk to the family tonight to see if we can still get her baptized this week so that she can see the temple dedication. The TEMPLE IS GETTING DEDICATED THIS SUNDAY!! I'm really excited for that and we are going to have a special meeting with all of the missionaries in El Salvador on Friday in San Salvador with Pres. Eyring and Elder D Todd Cristofferson. I'm super excited for all of that to be going on. But at the same time i just keep coming back to Marcela. Its not going to be a perfect weekend unless Marcela can get baptized and go to the dedication. She went to the open house and everything and absolutely loved it. But we are going to do everything possible to help her this week.

I love you guys so much. Oh and also i took some pictures this week. The stake president took us out to eat lunch this past week at a really expensive steak house because we had 15 baptisms last month in Julio (the first time in over a year that the zone has had that many). And then also i took a picture of the baptism that we had with some other Elders in the Zone there was a whole bunch of people there at the baptism.

Love you guys have a great week!!

Elder Bever 




On Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 11:20 PM, jsbever <jsbever@molalla.net>wrote:

Hiya!

 This is Emily and I am taking the initiative to start up this amazing e-mail. Guess what I did!!!!!!! I found Irene Leon on face book and sent her messages this week and mom called her too but only talked to her husband and then we had the missionaries over for dinner today and I told them about her and they said they can try to contact her too. Question, how inactive is she really? She is friends with quite a few people in her ward on face book so I assume that she goes to church sometimes but if her mother knows more it might help us out. She seems like a very nice lady from what she says in messages to me. The missionaries we have right now are pretty cool and it is SUPER weird that they are starting to all be younger than you! One of them is 19 but I always thought of those guys as being so old. Also by the way, if I forgot to tell you these updates already here it is and I am sorry if this is a repeat. Noelle neilsen and Hannah earnhart are getting married. And you know what is weirder? Hannah is marrying a missionary that served in our wards here in Oregon a couple years ago. So don’t copy that guy and end up staying in el Salvador to marry some latino chica pleaseJhaha! So that is my bit of advice for this week! Have a good one, love…… E     M     I     L      Y

 Ello mate :0

                So today we had the missionaries over for dinner and I like them. They are funny and are good missionaries. As a matter of fact they kind of remind me of you J I am super excited for this week. It is big. Tomorrow I have an orthodontist Apt., soccer, and then later we are having a family dinner at Scott and Jodi’s. Tuesday mom Emily, and I have a hair apt. then afterwards we are taking Ethan and going to the outlet mall which by the way has an American eagle now J then on Wednesday I have soccer, braces and mutual. Thursday we are leaving for Utah and spending the night at the cabin Thursday night. Friday we are leaving early from the cabin and heading to Utah. We get back on Wednesday or Thursday and Friday I have wed leader training J then lots of other stuff sort of J I am really excited. I am really nervous for braces. I have to get an expander too L well have a nice week J

 

Love Always,

AUDREY

 Hi Son!

 How are you? I love your emails!!  Each Monday it makes my day to come home from work to read about all the people you are teaching.  As for the phone numbers you needed:   Bishop Jeff Glenn  (503) 829-6906  and President David Lundgreen  (503) 650-1665  I can’t believe we are getting your travel plans together!  I’m so excited for you!  I guess Uncle Dan was talking to Dad yesterday at stake conference and heard that David will be coming home on November 22.  So that’s pretty exciting.  Do you have a date yet?  Also, I  haven’t heard much about your mission president.  How is he doing with his new calling, and  are you and your companion getting along?  I hope he gets emails and packages from home too.  Let me know if I need to send him anything or just an email of encouragement.  Oh and I also DID call Irene Leon and talked to her husband as Irene was at work.  He seemed very nice and I invited her to be a friend on facebook.  I thought it would be fun to invite them to go out for dinner at the El Salvador restaurant in Salem with us when we get back from Utah.  So we’ll see.  I’ll keep you posted how it goes.  So we are leaving for Utah on Thursday.  My first vacation from work! I’m really looking forward to spending time with my family.  I guess Nick and Teresha are only going to be there on Saturday as school starts for the other kids on Monday.  Well, I can’t wait to hear about your week.  We’ll send you next email from Grandma’s house and let you know how we are doing!      LOVE,  MOM

Oh and I attached a picture of the girls and their friends at Silver Falls when we went yesterday.

 Hello Thomas!

                I wish you were here this Sunday! I was ordained an Elder today after Stake Conference and it was very nice. Almost the whole family came for me and it was so cool for me to see everyone there for that! This is the last Sunday I’ll email you from home here L. But I’ll be sure to send one out to you from Utah every Sunday too! We’re leaving on Thursday and freshmen orientation starts the following Thursday, so next time we email you will be from grandma’s house. I’m really excited to be going and am super excited to meet new people and participate in college life! We had the missionaries over tonight for dinner and I think they’re pretty cool. We’ve worked with them a couple of times lately and it’s hard to believe that they’re only one year older than I am! Oh, did you get your package? Hopefully it wasn’t too melted! Well I’m trying to get everything packed up for our trip and so far I may have procrastinated a little J.

                Have a great week,

                Love, Ethan






Comments