I got one of the birthday packages!
8/8/11
Hey, So yes, i got one of the birthday packages but i still
haven't gone to the office to get it. Tomorrow we are going to go to
Santa Ana to go to the office and pick it up.
But before i forget anything i hope Dad that you had a great birthday. How many candles is that now? :) Sorry that was a little mean. Its really funny practicly everybody has their birthdays in august here. How were the Pupusas? Emily told me that you guys went to a salvadoran restaurant again. Here i love buying Pupusas they are in some places 5 for a dollar!!! Soooo good.
For my birthday on Monday we went as a zone to
Metrocentro in Sonsonate which is basicly like the mall here and i bought a
double wopper from Burger King. amazing. I had ordered a double but the guy
working there must´ve been a member because he gave all of us triples instead
of doubles so that was really nice and then i sold my camera that i had to an
Elder that didn't have one and then bought a new one. They had a super sweet
deal on this kodak underwater camera, and it was 12 mega pixles so i took some
sweet pictures in our water basin. it was soo cool i was really nervous to
put it underwater but it worked and it takes video underwater also.
But by far one of the coolest things that went on this week was with one of the investigators that we have right now. Her name is Mercedes and she´s 19 years old. She has been going to evangelical churches all of her life and she is a friend of Osiris (the girl that got baptized two weeks ago). When Mercedes found out that Osiris got baptized she said that she would no longer talk to her. Osiris got really upset about that. But they worked things out a little bit and they started talking again. But then this is the good part. She invited her friend over to her house to visit her and secretly without Mercedes knowing invited us over there to talk to her. It was really funny when we got there. She was super surprised. She didnt know what to say at first.Osiris thought that it was super funny. No but then Mercedes started asking us a whole bunch of questions about the bible trying to prove that our church is a false church and all that, hehehehe but she couldn't. We answered all of her questions and gave her a Book of Mormon she was super interested at the end of the visit. And said that she would even come to church on Sunday. And guess what.....she did!!!!! And now she has a baptismal date for the 13th! Alright!!!! It was just soo cool seeing how really we can't judge anybody....Nobody. There are people all around us that are waiting to hear the gospel we just have to find them.
Speaking of which. Were you guys ever able to talk to the Irene Leon? I was talking to sister Rodriguez in our ward here and she talked to Irene her daughter and she was super excited that she was going to hear from you guys. Please contact her. She is not super active in the church and her husband is not a member you guys can work miracles for them. Please contact her. I know that the Lord has placed this family in your guys´ path don't let this opportunity to share the gospel slip away. This is more important than anything else that you guys could be doing this week.
I love you all so very much and i know that this is the true gospel of Jesus Christ. And this is his church.... Yo sé que Cristo vive y que él es nuestro salvador y redentor, y que unicamente por su sacrificio podemos superar los efectos de la caída de Adán y ser puros y limpios, para que podamos volver a la presencia de nuestro padre celestial. Él nos ama y quiere que nuestra familia puede obrar milagros en la vida de los demás. Estaba leyendo en Mosíah 28 acerca de los hijos de Mosíah y sus conversiónes. En versiculo 3 es super poderoso. Leenlo y mediten acerca de ello y van a entender de lo que estoy hablando. Les amo con todo mi corazón. Sigan adelante y siempre se acuerdan quienes son y quien representen. Que el señor les bendiga esta semana con personas y oportunidades de compartir el ¡Saluuu!
Les amo a todos uds.
Elder Bever
(You´ll have to ask dad or Ethan to help you with the translation thats another homework assignment for you guys)
On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 8:37 AM, Jim and Sandy Bever <jsbever@molalla.net> wrote:
Hi Thomas!
How are you? Did you get your birthday package yet? I hope so. I know Grandma Jefferies sent you one as well and Grandma and Grandpa Bever gave you money which I deposited into your account for you to buy some things that you might need. Did you ever get some new shoes? Your shoes are looking a little warn in your pictures. But that is the sign of a great missionary! I printed off your picture of the tarantula to show Great Grandma to give her something else to worry about J. She asks about you all the time. I printed off your new mailing address so she can write to you.
The girls just got back from Girl’s camp and will have lots to tell you. I have a Fishbowl client now down in Eugene called Hummingbird Wholesale. They sell all organic nuts, and granola and dried fruit. It is located in the center of “Hippyville” but the people are really nice. I just feel a little out of place. Anyway, I’m enjoying working with Fishbowl more and the pay is better. I have a new client in Canada, which I was afraid I would need to fly up there, but we are able to do the training remotely. So we’ll see what happens. The weather has been so nice and sunny. I think summer has finally arrived. It ‘s usually cloudy in the am but then burns off in the afternoon. How is your new area? Send me more pictures of what it looks like. I’ll see if the girls can send you pictures from girls camp. Have a wonderful week. Love you always, MOM
Simpatico!
Today I finally got some rest!!!!! Yes as you know we had girls camp this week and I had to babysit right after I got back last night until late, I was exhausted! However I did get to babysit the Mcquays cute baby grand daughter so it wasn’t that bad. By the way, Madeline mcquay has a niwce already and that is so not fair cuz she is my age so I am counting on you to help me out in that department! HahaJ
So I think girls camp was pretty good this year, like the best year yet! I had a really fun group and we went to a new camp that was better and good for exercise (lots of trails). It was a boy scout camp...So yes I was talking about girls camp and stuff. I am supposed to be exercising this week for soccer especially since I might have to miss 2 days of daily doubles to take Ethan to Utah. Hopefully all of the walking at girls camp will have helped me out in that department but I don’t think it did because walking never feels like exercise to me. This week Ethan and the parents went to that El Salvadorian restaurant for your birthday again and I wish I could have gone too L they said they found your area on a map on the wall! I hope you don’t come back here skinless because you were attacked by a tarantula in your sleep. Right now I am looking out the window and it is NOT summer weather. Two words: grey, dreary. Hopefully the weather improves or I might go into a state of depression. I am sure it is beautiful there! GOOD LUCK THIS WEEK! (only like 3 ½ months left)
Love,
EMILY Sfdh gdvwj efguadv aukdj fvbas jdvsY xcvx bc vs dgyfsg dhfb vvdf (code for the most awesome sister on the face of the earth)
Hey Thomas!
Hopefully your package came,
because I helped pick out some of what’s in it! So this week while the girls
were both gone at Girl’s Camp, I got Mom and Dad all to myself and we
celebrated Dad’s birthday and I went to work with him a bunch too. I’m getting
ready to head off to school soon! We’re driving out on the 18th/19th!
I’m just trying to get together everything before I leave and this Sunday was
my last Sunday at our building because next Sunday is stake conference. I’m
being released next Sunday as an SYC, and also will be ordained an elder!
Everything’s been moving so fast lately but I’m really looking forward to going
to school and meeting new people! I hope everything is well with you and I’ll
be able to write you one more time from here at home before I leave! I wish you
the best this week and hope you can meet all of your goals!
Love, Ethan.
Comments
Post a Comment