Developing habits to use after my mission.

8/29/11

 Hola familia

Hey family thanks for the inf of bishop Glenn im not going to lie though. When you guys told me about that i had gotten accepted to the winter semester at BYU i got just a little stressed out. But yeah I really don't know what i need to take when i get back. I was looking at some of the classes that i need to take i need to take Econ 110 over again and i also need to take Ancient civilizations, and Stat 121 i want to take over again, I am not going to repeat the same things that i did before the mission i need to fix my mistakes. I´m just looking back over what i had done in my first year at BYU And thinking about all of the habits that I've learned here in the mission. I would´ve never done so bad before the mission. I don't think that i can get started registering for next semester though. I´m going to keep looking at the classes that i need to take and we´ll see how it goes as i get closer to the registration date. I think that what i can do mom is just when the day comes that i can just give you a list of the classes that i want to take and then you can register for me. You just got to keep an eye out for when that date is going to be because the classes go fast.

Yeah but that is one of the things that all of the general authorities and the mission presidents talk about is developing habits that we are going to use after the mission. One of the most important things that i have learned is the love of studying. I never liked studying but now its like i can settle down in a place and just focus. And another thing that i have learned is to have determination to never settle for less than your best. I can never look back and do as bad as i did again. Back then in my first year i guess i felt like it was just acceptable. I just needed to get the passing amount, do the least amount of effort possible. When President Eyering came and spoke to us that was one of the main topics that he spoke about. He told us that he could se how great our potential was. Sometimes we get distracted by other things that happen in our lives but we have to keep thinking and analyzing if we are living up to our true potential. With the investigators i feel that it is exactly the same way. It´s so tough for us when we find a family and we start teaching them and then they start to get distracted. Whether it be members from their old church, financial preoccupations, or any number of things when our investigators lose that focus we just feel absolutely horrible (about how horrible i feel now about my grades :( ) coming here on the mission has helped me realize more of what my potential can be. And it helps a lot having a super great family supporting me also. Thanks guys for all of the help that you give me every day and for your prayers. It really makes a difference.

Have a great week!
Love
Elder Bever

On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 10:30 PM, Jim and Sandy Bever <jsbever@molalla.net> wrote:

Hi Elder Thomas James Bever sir missionary brother!!!

This week we got back from Utah which was really fun. I got to go to Red Lobster!!!!! My all time favorite restaurant for Courtney’s birthday! It was so yummy. Also I had a tournament yesterday and Friday and we lost on Friday, won the 1st game on Saturday, but lost the 2nd game. So we’ll see how they do today but I hope we do good. I have web leading stuff tomorrow so I have to basically go to school a day early but I don’t have to stay the whole day the web leaders go home at 12:00 but I am not sure what will go on because everyone is busy. My braces are still hurting my teeth and gums but I have an orthodontist appointment tomorrow so hopefully they will help me out. School officially starts on Tuesday and i might get these AWESOME Nike shoes that I really like that are originally 90 dollars but I looked at Dicks sporting goods and I looked in youth and they are only 70 dollars and we have coupons so hopefully I can get them. Also I am pleased to say that I really need jeans because I am GROWING I know amazing. Don’t expect to come home and fund that I am like 5’ 3” or something but I am growing more! okay now remember this I will even put it in a pretty color.

You should try to find out when you are coming home because David knows and so do the McQuays son!! Don’t forget because I really want to know! Hope your investigators are well and that you are finding all those that need finding :D Love Always,

AUDREY!!!!!!!!!! (who is 13 and about 5 foot I think I am not really sure I haven’t measured myself recently J)

Hi Son,

 I can’t believe I didn’t give you the correct phone number for the Bishop.   I hope it didn’t slow things down with setting up your travel plans to come home.  I guess David is coming home on Nov. 22 and I talked to Jonathan McQuay’s mom today and he is coming home on Nov. 22 as well.  So I can’t wait to hear when you will be coming home too.  Speaking of coming home, I just got an email from BYU saying you are accepted to Winter Semester at BYU and that you will need to register by middle of October.  Do you know what classes you will want to take?  This will all need to happen before you come home, so on a P day sometime you may need to log into BYU and see what classes you will need to take. So let me know how I can help you with your registration for classes.  Either way I’ll need to respond back whether you will or will not accept admission for Winter at BYU.

 I also went to the church website and they showed highlights of the El Salvador temple dedication and ceremony you had the night before.  I looked for you when they panned the crowd, but no luck.  That’s amazing what President Eyring said about missionaries serving in Asia.  What a neat experience that will be.  Well, let me know if I need to do anything else for you with travel arrangements and BYU registration.  I’ll make sure Ethan tries to email you from his computer in the dorms.

HiiiiiiiiiiiJ

Well this week school starts. Ew. I am definitely not ready to be going back. It seriously seems like school just got out for the summer. That’s another good thing about a mission is no going to school! Mom and I went to a seminary meeting tonight and they want everyone to try to be a morning person for seminary this year which I am going to have a hard time with. It is also the year for old testament which I am sure will be interesting but also very long.

Anyways, I read your e-mail and that is so cool. I wish I could have been there. Too bad you didn’t get to shake hands with president eyring or something like that. also, I hope you don’t mind but I shared a  little bit of what you said about the asia thing with my miamaid class today and they said it gave them shivers which I thought was really cool. I really wish you or ethan were still home because I will eventually go crazy here with just the 4 of us. I don’t like being in a small family. Have a great week SUPER STAR!

 Much love,

 E

Comments