Wilmen got baptized!
June 6, 2011
Hey family!
Well Ethan how does it feel you are finally out of High School?
Now it's off to BYU I bet you are super excited try to apply for
as many scholarships that you can, it helps out a lot in the long
run. That's something that I wish I would've done more of that.
Grandma was writing in her email and she said that neither you
nor Emily had been to convert baptisms. It's such a cool
experience. I remember the first one that I went to was the one
of a member of the Spanish branch, that they needed more
members to come and support the members, I remember that
there was such a cool spirit there part of it was for the fact that
I could understand a little bit of what was being said, but it was
mostly for the fact that that he had truly received a testimony
and received a conversion. Also we had another experience like
that.
This past week we had another baptism of Wilmen. He is a 13
year old kid that we have been teaching. We were out
contacting one day and we found his grandparents, they were
like golden contacts we found them on Friday and we invited
them to come to church the next Sunday and they came. That
next Monday we went by to visit them and their grandson was
there visiting. He spends a lot of his time over at their house
because his dad goes most of the day drunk. But he is such a
powerful kid! The next Sunday he came to church with his
grandparents and has been coming to church ever since for the
past month. The first Sunday he came to church he told all of
the rest oft young men that he was going to get baptized! The
young men in the ward have really taken him in as part of the
group. Ifs really cool to see that happening when the ward
really gets involved with the missionary work. We've had 7
investigators in church for the past three weeks and we already
have six more of our investigators with baptismal dates we are
running all over the place here. It's just a really good feeling
wearing yourself out in the service of other people. We heard
about the transfers this morning and neither my companion
nor I (wow that was correct grammer that's amazing) are going
to have transfers so we are going to finish this month with our
goal of TEN I know it. We are so close we already have one
baptism and six dates and two other people that we are going
to put dates with today! We just need to find one more. If we
really confide in the promises that the Lord has made with us
there is no limit to the miracles that we can see. The record in
this mission for baptisms in one month is 15 so we are gearing
up for next month so that we can carry the momentum and
break the record next month.
The sprit that comes from working here in the mission brings
such an amazing experience. I hope that you guys can feel that
too. If you get a chance you can read Doctrine and covenants
section 18 and you will understand what im trying to say. I love
the mission and we are going to see so many miracles this
month especially that next month is the open house and we are
going to get to go and bring investigators 2 times a week! I'm so
excited!
I love you guys so much and i hope that you guys have a great
week!
Love
Elder Bever
Now it's off to BYU I bet you are super excited try to apply for
as many scholarships that you can, it helps out a lot in the long
run. That's something that I wish I would've done more of that.
Grandma was writing in her email and she said that neither you
nor Emily had been to convert baptisms. It's such a cool
experience. I remember the first one that I went to was the one
of a member of the Spanish branch, that they needed more
members to come and support the members, I remember that
there was such a cool spirit there part of it was for the fact that
I could understand a little bit of what was being said, but it was
mostly for the fact that that he had truly received a testimony
and received a conversion. Also we had another experience like
that.
This past week we had another baptism of Wilmen. He is a 13
year old kid that we have been teaching. We were out
contacting one day and we found his grandparents, they were
like golden contacts we found them on Friday and we invited
them to come to church the next Sunday and they came. That
next Monday we went by to visit them and their grandson was
there visiting. He spends a lot of his time over at their house
because his dad goes most of the day drunk. But he is such a
powerful kid! The next Sunday he came to church with his
grandparents and has been coming to church ever since for the
past month. The first Sunday he came to church he told all of
the rest oft young men that he was going to get baptized! The
young men in the ward have really taken him in as part of the
group. Ifs really cool to see that happening when the ward
really gets involved with the missionary work. We've had 7
investigators in church for the past three weeks and we already
have six more of our investigators with baptismal dates we are
running all over the place here. It's just a really good feeling
wearing yourself out in the service of other people. We heard
about the transfers this morning and neither my companion
nor I (wow that was correct grammer that's amazing) are going
to have transfers so we are going to finish this month with our
goal of TEN I know it. We are so close we already have one
baptism and six dates and two other people that we are going
to put dates with today! We just need to find one more. If we
really confide in the promises that the Lord has made with us
there is no limit to the miracles that we can see. The record in
this mission for baptisms in one month is 15 so we are gearing
up for next month so that we can carry the momentum and
break the record next month.
The sprit that comes from working here in the mission brings
such an amazing experience. I hope that you guys can feel that
too. If you get a chance you can read Doctrine and covenants
section 18 and you will understand what im trying to say. I love
the mission and we are going to see so many miracles this
month especially that next month is the open house and we are
going to get to go and bring investigators 2 times a week! I'm so
excited!
I love you guys so much and i hope that you guys have a great
week!
Love
Elder Bever
Comments
Post a Comment