This past Saturday we had two baptisms of two girls that we have been teaching.
Mon 8/23/2010
Ok you guys are number one on my list of people I need to
talk to ok so here goes. I am completely and utterly focused.
Sorry about the past two weeks. This past Saturday we had two
baptisms of two girls that we have been teaching. The first
one's name is Iris she is thirteen years old and her family are all
members but went less active when she was seven years old
when the dad abandoned the family (this is such a huge
problem here its so sad that instead of taking responsibility
they just pack their bags and leave). But now the mom and her
daughter (Iris) are now super active and have only missed one
Sunday. At the baptism the mom almost lost it. Iris started
crying then the mom started bawling. I went to congratulate
the mom (whose name is Sonya) and she almost grabbed me in
a huge bear hug and started crying. But i love that family they
really have regained that fire within their hoe and it's really
amazing to see that love back in their lives. The second Baptism
was the fifteen year old sister of Irma whom we had also been
teaching we talked to her about the baptism after the baptism
of Irma two weeks ago and she told us that she wanted to be
baptized too so that was really great. We are working really
hard with the mom and the dad too to get them positive about
going to church, but its a little difficult because the mom
doesn't know how to read and the dad doesn't have a whole lot
of work so he has to work all days of the week making shoes so
its difficult to find him with available time. But I'm sure that he
will come around. So I'll add some of the pictures of the
baptism so you guys can see it.
We've also been teaching another family. La Familia
Crespo. The mom and the step-dad are not married so they are
living together. But they are super positive! They got all of the
papers together so they are going to get married this next
month along with another family (Wilber and Sugey(soo-hey))
so they are all going to get married and baptized on the same
day in the new chapel that has just finished here I haven't taken
any pictures of it but its one of the prettiest chapels I've ever
seen. Nicer than our chapel! So next month we are shooting for
eight-ten baptisms!
That's been just about the highlights of this past week i hope
that makes us for these past couple of emails sorry about that.
But I'm glad that everything is going so well back there. I love
you guys so much keep of the good work I Let me know if there
is anything specific that you would like to know about here and
ill be sure to let you guys know! Until net week I
Con Amor
Elder Bever
Comments
Post a Comment