Send me Missionary Music for my birthday!

 June 14, 2010

Hey everybody. I figured out what you guys can send me for my birthday! Don't worry about
the shoes that were a dumb idea. Missionary music! If you guys could find some cool songs
from movie soundtracks that are really cool and then burn them to a disc and send them
that would be great. Some of the ones that i was thinking about were Cast Away, Kingdom
of Heaven, and stuff like that cool instrumental music. Oh and also I lost that colored pencil
thing that can hold like eight colors and that was really cool. I think i left it on the bus last
week on the way to Cara Sucia. I was trying to get some studying done for the hour and a
half bus ride, it must've fallen down in between the seat. So if you could find another one of
those and it for my birthday that is really all i need.
But hey I'm glad to hear that you are all super excited to get out of school i know how that
must feel. You can just look back and say i did it! Because you gave it your best, and you
were able to see the fruits of your success, and now you can just chill. Lots of times that's
what i feel here we leave in the morning to go out to work and then we come back at night
and finish planning and you really get a feeling of success that the work you did that day
really made the difference in the lives of others. Just knowing that you are giving it all
everyday for a cause higher and more important than anything you've ever done before ....
it's the greatest feeling in the world. Sometimes I have a really tough lesson with a really
stubborn less active member that will not come back to the church because " ... she said
this ... or he said that about me ... " and I will start to forget about really why I'm hear. But
while Elder Wardlow and I were teaching one of these less active families, i got a prompting
that i just needed to share the whole story of the first vision with them. Then i told them that
really if that story was true and they had a testimony that Joseph Smith was a true prophet,
nothing, NOTHING else matters! If Joseph Smith really was a prophet called of god, the
book of Mormon, this restored gospel of Jesus Christ, and this church The Church of Jesus
Christ of Latter-Day Saints are true. And as long as we hold onto that testimony and that
faith, there isn't anything in this world that we can't overcome. That's the reason why that's
the first invitation and commitment that we extend to our investigators, that's why the story
of the first vision is so powerful, that's why people read the Book of Mormon. Because when
people pray about these things they feel a confirmation of the love and the truth that comes
from our heavenly father. Jesus Christ really is our savior and redeemer and through the
prophet Joseph Smith he has restored his gospel on this earth again
and .... nothing .... else .... matters.
I love you guys so much and i look forward to hearing how goes the stake youth conference
take care everybody!

Love Elder Bever



Comments