Hola!

 Mon 2/8/2010

Ho la!

So this is actually my second attempt at writing this e-mail.
I wrote the whole thing up, and then the computer just broke
on me so I had to start all over again. I only have like 20
minutes so but I have make this fast.
I received the Valentines Day package, thanks mom! ... It's
still at the mission office though, so Elder Locken and Elder
Alguilar are going to pick it up tomorrow. Yes, I did hear about
David. Tennessee huh? I wouldn't care where I was going, 12
weeks is way too long to be in the MTC for. The MTC is a great
place but I just wanted nothing more that to get out after 8
weeks! I'm glad though for him, he's going to have a good time,
and he'll get to talk to Dan and Marjorie again too.
My stomach has finally settled down. The food here is
really good but really different and my stomach knows it too.
Hopefully we are going to go to a grocery store called "Hyper
Pais" where I'll buy lots of American food next P-Day. The El
Salvadorian food consists of Papusas (which are very good},
chicken, platanos, rice, beans, and eggs. It all tastes very good
but it's the same food over and over again, so while I'm living
here in the city, I'm going to take advantage of it.
There's a joke in our apartment that I'm not sure if I told
to you already. My companion and I as well as the other two
missionaries living with us call our apartment "Casa Blanca"
because we are all white. Anyway, "Casa Blanca is still Blanca",
although we have had some recent developments. Elder
Palmer, who I haven't talked a whole lot about, actually got
called up as an emergency transfer. So i actually got a new
companion today and his name is Elder Ayala and he doesn't
speak a lick of English! I can finally start learning Spanish again
now that I will be forced to. My language skills have certainly
not gotten better while I've been here because I've been
speaking English so much. Now I have to speak Spanish more
frequently, so this is going to help out a lot!
Gloria and her sister Anna are still in a stalling pattern,
they both know that The Church is true; they just feel like they
still need to be learning more so that they can be ready for
baptism. Maybe then when we try to ask them to commit to a
baptismal date. They just completely shut down recently
because they do not like to be "pushed". We've also been
teaching this girl who's probably 20 years old who has been
coming to church these past two Sundays just by herself. She
has a friend in Mexico that is a member of the church, and she
wanted to check it out too. We've been teaching her every
Sunday and she stays for all three hours. She is so positive, it is
awesome. Everything that she hears about the gospel just clicks
for her. It's really amazing how the gospel is so familiar for
people. It is like remembering something we have forgotten,
because we've already accepted it before this life. Why should
we not again.
Anyway, sorry this e-mail is a little short, I ran out of time
and now I have to go buy groceries. I love you all so much, and
am looking forward to opening my Valentines Day package
tomorrow.

Love,

Elder Bever



Comments