Hey Everyone, it was great to hear from you!

 Mon 2/1/2010

Hey everyone, it was great to hear from youI It's always great to hear how things are going on back 
there. So Ethan and Dad went hunting huh, did they get anything, and how was the car show? I miss 
that because that was always one of the best conventions that were in Portland. I haven't seen any 
Walmarts yet, there aren't any in my area, but hopefully i will get to see some eventually. They do 
have a fairly large grocery store here that has other stuff. It is called "Super Selectos" and they 
have everything I think I will need, but what I've really been craving is American foodI So I had 
pancakes everyday this week and that helped my stomach. The El Salvadorian food is really good, but 
my stomach is still adjusting to it, its getting better though. I'm fine and am looking forward to 
that Valentines Day package tool

What's new this week? We haven't baptized Gloria yet.

This week she is kind of at a stand still, but she knows that the Book of Mormon is true and that 
Joseph Smith was a true prophet, she still is lacking a desire to be baptized, so we need to just 
keep teaching her. Her sister, Ana, is really getting into it and she believes everything, but just 
doesn't want to be rushed into it. So we are going to teach the plan of salvation tonight and 
hopefully we will make better progress with her. On Saturday we went contacting on the other side 
of the freeway (yes they have a freeway but not very many people drive on it because its not even 
finished - it just stops somewhere right in San Salvador). But anyway we went contacting in a 
poorer part of the neighborhood and we got a return appointment with a whole family, so hopefully we will be teaching a whole family soon! 

The nice thing also about the other side of the freeway is that it 
starts going up the side of the volcano, and there is a town in our area called El Volcan which is 
also up there. It's way up the mountain in the country and we really want to go up there because 
the view is spectacular! There is a nice cool breeze there as well. El Salvador is such a beautiful 
country - outside of the city.

I can definitely tell that these people are descendants of the Book of Mormon people. They have 
such an amazing attitude toward everything and they are super nice people. I'm already feeling a 
love toward the people and I can recognize them as children of God. I hope that I can be able to 
bring them to the knowledge that he loves them and wants them to be able to return to him. This is 
such a wonderful opportunity, and I'm really excited to be here. You guys are awesome. Thanks so 
much for the updates, I love you guys, and hope to hear from you next week!

Love,

Elder Bever


Overlooking San Salvador


Comments